Federation of Social Workers seeking nominations for Human Services Worker of the Year Awards | Community Service
Do you know a volunteer, local business owner or human services worker who goes above and beyond to help those in need in our community? Here's a chance to help them get recognition for all that they do. The Monroe County Federation of Social Workers (FSW) is seeking nominations for their seventh annual Human Services Worker of the Year Awards luncheon. Nominations are being sought from members of the Rochester community in five categories:
- Human Services Worker of the Year from the Private Sector (employees at non-governmental agencies or organizations)
- Human Services Worker of the Year from the Public Sector (employees at governmental agencies or organizations)
- Bertina Forde Rising Star Award- Any human services worker with less than two years of experience. (Presented in memory of Bertina Forde, a member of the Monroe County Federation of Social Workers who was killed while on the job in 2006.)
- John L. Seebach Volunteer of the Year- For a volunteer of any group or organization. This is the first year the award will be given in honor of John Seebach who passed away earlier this year. John worked for Child Protective Services of Monroe County for 39 years, and was a volunteer for multiple organizations and programs throughout the Rochester area.
- Volunteer Organization of the Year- This award is new this year and will recognize businesses and organizations that make exceptional contributions of service to the community.
The awards are recognition of those in a variety of professions who perform exemplary service to those in need in our community. Previous award winners have come from the fields of healthcare, education, government and law enforcement, as well as social work. Awards will be presented at a luncheon on Thursday, November 10 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Anyone can fill out a nomination form. Forms can be completed and submitted by clicking here. The deadline for nominations is Monday, September 26.
For almost 50 years, the Monroe County Federation of Social Workers IUE-CWA Local 381 has represented social workers, caseworkers, examiners, child care workers, investigators and legal assistants, as well as seniors and supervisors in those titles, who are employed by Monroe County at the Department of Human Services, Monroe Community Hospital, the Child Support Enforcement Unit and the Children's Center. The Monroe County Federation of Social Workers is located at 167 Flanders Street in Rochester, New York. The Federation was founded in 1959 and currently has over 900 members.