Clean and Healthy NY rallies safer child products | News
Parents and activists came together today to call for stronger legislation against toxic chemicals in children’s products.
The Stroller Brigade rally for toxic-free Child products was held at the Rochester Public Market this morning.
“Betty the Besafe Ducky” was there to call on the NYS Senate not to “duck” the issue.
The Deputy Director of Clean and Healthy New York says the message is clear, but the companies that make the products aren’t getting.
“The problem is the chemical companies are just not getting it. When parents have clearly been demanding safer products and, but what we're seeing is they're just swapping out just one toxic chemical with another.”
Top City Living Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JCC announces schedule for 13th annual Rochester Jewish Film Festival
- Historic carousel at Charlotte in Rochester opens for season May 24
- Nine Rochester Police Department members receive promotions
- Lt. Gov. Duffy in Rochester to pitch "tax-free" zones around SUNY campuses
- Rochester woman charged with arson